Hybride Muskuseend x (Nijl)gans

Gestart door Jan Harteman, juni 03, 2008, 23:40:24 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Jan Harteman

Hoewel je je kunt afvragen hoe 'ganzig' een Nijlgans is, verbaasde ik mij toch wel wat over de hybride die ik vandaag tegenkwam.
Het betreft naar mijn idee een hybride Nijlgans x Muskuseend.

De foto is erg slecht omdat ik die snel met mijn gsm heb gemaakt.
Verder was de vogel zo groot als een Muskuseend (zo niet groter).
Als hij veel kleiner was geweest had ik er misschien nog Muskus X Bergeend van gemaakt, maar de snavelvorm vond ik wel typische Nijlgans kenmerken hebben.

Ben benieuwd naar jullie mening.

Groet,
Jan

Alcedo atthis

Jan, I do not think so.
I think it is Muskuseend x Soepeend. The pinkish bill colour is rare in that hybrid , but occurs sometimes.

This photo from flickr shows a Muskuseend x Nijlgans:

http://www.pbase.com/image/36284266

greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

Jan Harteman

Hmz, I think I agree with you, your photo definatelly shows a Muscovy X Egyptian goose cross.
So Muscovy & Mallard (Soepeend) would be the only opportunity? I know they can be very variable, but I thought the bill to be very typical for a Egyptian goose. On the other hand, if it was a Musc. X Eg. Goose, the bird would stand more upright.

Alcedo atthis

Hi Jan;  here are some more Muscovy x (domestic) Mallard, also see the variation in bill shape and colour.
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

Alcedo atthis

Here another portrait of a  hybrid Muscovy x Egyptian goose
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

Alcedo atthis

Jan,
I think the bill in your hybrid is too long and too uniformely reddish pink; and the jizz of the bird is wrong.

Compare with the bills of Muscovy x domestic mallard duck in one of my previous posts and with the bill coloration and shape of Muscovy x Egyption goose.
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus