Hybride Sneeuwgans?

Gestart door Arnoud Wilbrink, februari 29, 2008, 20:00:33 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Arnoud Wilbrink

Vorige week werd er een Sneeuwgans blauwe fase gemeld op Lauwersmeer.com.
Het bleek te gaan om een hybride. Heeft iemand een idee welke dit zijn. Ik zie er een Sneeuwgans in maar verder....
Groet,
Arnoud Wilbrink

Jos Welbedacht

Hmmm...
Vogel komt mij bekend voor, volgens mij zat deze er vorig jaar ook.
Ik zou zeggen Sneeuw x Canadese Gans hoewel de oranje poten Indische Gans suggereren i.p.v. Sneeuwgans.

Jos Welbedacht, Groningen
I said you could find me where the Nighthawks fly - dEUS: One advice, Space

Jeroen Nagtegaal

CiteerHmmm...
Ik zou zeggen Sneeuw x Canadese Gans hoewel de oranje poten Indische Gans suggereren i.p.v. Sneeuwgans.
Ik vind de poten  ook wel erg oranje, was het niet Grauw x indisch?
Groet, Jeroen Nagtegaal
Moderator subforum Ringen

Een geringde vogel gezien of gevonden.
Meld het hier of mail naar ringonderzoek@gmail.com

Thijs Fijen

Citeer
CiteerHmmm...
Ik vind de poten  ook wel erg oranje, was het niet Grauw x indisch?
Wel een erg grote zwarte snijrand voor zon kruising. Denk dus van niet.

Thijs Fijen

gjcaspers

Door de oranje poten en het ontbreken van verlengde vleugelveren zou ik toch zeggen Brandgans x Indische Gans. Snavelpatroon is daar niet mee in tegenspraak, vergelijk bijv. http://www.waarneming.nl/werkgroep/foto_de...kgroep=nijmegen

Ik zie er in ieder geval geen Sneeuwgans in.

Overigens lijkt de vogel wel erg bruin, dus dan zou je kunnen denken aan Canadese Gans x Indische Gans, maar vanwege de donkerder borst denk ik toch Brandgans x Indische Gans.
Groet,
Gert-Jan Caspers

Thijs Fijen

CiteerDoor de oranje poten en het ontbreken van verlengde vleugelveren zou ik toch zeggen Brandgans x Indische Gans. Snavelpatroon is daar niet mee in tegenspraak, vergelijk bijv. http://www.waarneming.nl/werkgroep/foto_de...kgroep=nijmegen
Ja oke, kan. Maar daar is ook niet van te zeggen dat het indische gans is (kan ook Sneeuwgans zijn of Keizergans, zo staat in het commentaar)
Thijs Fijen

gjcaspers

Citeer
CiteerDoor de oranje poten en het ontbreken van verlengde vleugelveren zou ik toch zeggen Brandgans x Indische Gans. Snavelpatroon is daar niet mee in tegenspraak, vergelijk bijv. http://www.waarneming.nl/werkgroep/foto_de...kgroep=nijmegen
Ja oke, kan. Maar daar is ook niet van te zeggen dat het indische gans is (kan ook Sneeuwgans zijn of Keizergans, zo staat in het commentaar)
Nee, die van de Kraaijenbergse Plassen is een bekende vogel, is zeker Brandgans x Indische Gans.
Groet,
Gert-Jan Caspers

Alcedo atthis

The starting bird in this thread is very odd, it reminds a bit of Brandgans x indische, but also a bit of Brandgans x dwerggans (Though i have never seen that one with so much white)
I think there are also other photos of this one in the web...
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

gjcaspers

Wouldn't you expect a shorter bill and steeper forehead on a Barnacle x Lesser White-fronted hybrid?
Groet,
Gert-Jan Caspers

Alcedo atthis

Here are hybrids Canada x greater whitefront, first some older birds , of which one has a similar head and neck pattern as the lauwersmeer bird  (I have also seen fairly similar distribution of white on probable barnacle x lesser whitefront, but with less much white down the neck than in the lauwersmeer bird); and then some juveniles (Not important here but interesting to see)

http://keenbirding.com/LateFall05/Hybrids271105.html

concerning head shape :
Here are some juvenile Barnacle x lesser whitefront, head profile is similar in some photos to the lauwersmeer bird

http://www.pbase.com/alexandersson/20040818

However, this isn´t a 100% ID, but it just doesn´t feel like leucopsis x indicus to me.
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

Thijs Fijen

Citeer
Citeer
Nee, die van de Kraaijenbergse Plassen is een bekende vogel, is zeker Brandgans x Indische Gans.
Pure interesse, waarom dan?
Thijs Fijen

gjcaspers

Het vermoedelijke ouderpaar van de Kraaijenbergse Plassen-vogel leefde op een parkvijver in Cuijk. Ik heb de jaartallen niet bij de hand, ik denk de gehele jaren tachtig en dan nog een beetje. Maar ik weet niet helemaal zeker of deze individuele hybride vogel werkelijk een van de jongen van dit specifieke paar is.

Jörn heeft zowel de Kraaijenbergse Plassen-vogel als waarschijnlijk de originele vogel van deze thread in een collage van Brandgans x Indische Gans-hybriden verwerkt, zie:
http://forum.waarneming.nl/forum/index.php?showtopic=20906

Jörn, is this collage still valid? Do you still think these are all Barnacle x Bar-headed hybrids?
Groet,
Gert-Jan Caspers

Alcedo atthis

Gert-Jan,
this is the only bird on the collage where I am having some doubts, and I had a few doubts concerning that bird also in the beginning, when I assembled that collage. But I thought with the extention of white, it could only be a barheaded parentage.

But as it is a hybrid what we are dealing with, and that means until we get the DNA , nearly no assumption is 100% sure...

however, there are some photos on the web which show that also whitefront species can have white extended. (as you see for the Greater Whitefront x Canada). I didn´t really realize this possibility for that bird before...

If looking at the body plumage of this bird, it could well be in the range of indicus x leucopsis, but also in the range of indicus x erythropus....leg colour also fits to both possible hybrid combinations....

In some photos of the bird the bill seems mostly pinkish and black -which could hint to lesser whitefront parentage? In other photos it also has a slight yellowish tinge to me?

Also if leucopsis x indicus have a clearcut black and white pattern on the neck (and not the speckled variant pattern) the white is running down in a stripe on the neck side, not in the front of the neck as in this bird...(If you look at the collage you see this bird is the exception)

So I can not give a "definite"(as much as it can be "definite" without DNA) ID for that bird ...

I only can give you my thoughts as they are at the moment...

EDIT: A possibility not yet considered is a trigen-Imagine an Anser hybrid mating with a leucopsis...but then it would be probably impossible to ID. I have only seen or heard of very few such birds...
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

Alcedo atthis

There is also the fact that the bill looks bigger than in some other such hybrids .... oh well, this one is giving me a real headache!!!

I said abovefrom looking at the initial photo,  it doesn`t "feel" like leucopsis x indicus to me, but it also doesn't really "feel" like leucopsis x erythropus to me on several photos....

aaarrrgh!
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

Jos Welbedacht

I think an indicus should be involved. This typical head pattern reminds me of several hybrids with indicus. Also, the orange legs mention indicus.

Alcedo atthis

Hi Jos,

which ones do you mean ? could you give some links?

Hi Arnoud (and all others that may have seen the initial bird in the flesh): a Question: what colour would you describe the bill was?

Thanks, Jörn
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

Jos Welbedacht

Oh, I'm sorry, I mean the bird from the beginning of this topic.