erealinho

I would like to know which species this is
It concerns this observation
https://world.observation.org/waarneming/view/158340855
Incerto Podarcis spec. observed at 2018-06-12 Spain - Peñaparda
Fotografias:

thanks in advance Eduardo Realinho

Maarten Gilbert

Very hard to tell apart females of Iberian Podarcis species. Based on distribution both P. carbonelli and guadarramae occur here. Of the two, carbonelli is less delicately built, which seems to correspond to the depicted animal. 

At the same location you also found a carbonelli male, in a habitat typical for the species, so carbonelli would be my best guess.

erealinho

Thank you very much for all the clarifications Maarten. Indeed a male was seen there as well, although the male was always at the rocks surrounded by grass and this female was always hunting in the dirt road. But actually not very far from each other. The place is a very well preserved sub-mountain habitat, with clearings on a mature oak forest, surrounded by mature pine forest, crossed by a mountain river. If this aspects don't change anything I should consider carbonelii.

Best,
Eduardo

Maarten Gilbert

Sounds like a textbook habitat of inland carbonelli populations. Also carbonelli is mostly ground-dwelling, in contrast to guadarramae, which would also be in favour of carbonelli in this case.

erealinho

Thank you for all the comments Maarten!
Someone commented the male picture saying that the area is very known for the species, great! It is as very nice area indeed, I've done very interesting records there :)
Best regards,
Eduardo