Acrocephalus arundinaceus or scirpaceus?

Gestart door erealinho, mei 22, 2018, 22:43:57 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

erealinho

I would like to know which species this is
Has realizado el siguiente comentario sobre esta observación:
https://world.observation.org/waarneming/view/156961597
Con dudas Carricero Común - Acrocephalus scirpaceus observed at 2018-05-20 Spain - Río Guadamez
Sonidos:
https://world.observation.org/sound/3/70623.mp3

I saw the bird, at some distance, it seemed small enough to be scirpaceus, but lack of experience with this species makes me doubt.

thanks in advance Eduardo Realinho

Rob Koelman

Met vriendelijke groet, Rob

Guus Peterse

It is of course, if I may say so, a terrible recording, but I might recognise arundinaceus in it.
Guus Peterse

Nieuw op mijn weblog: Kaapverdië juli - augustus 2015

Rob Koelman

Citaat van: Guus Peterse op mei 23, 2018, 00:01:05 AMIt is of course, if I may say so, a terrible recording, but I might recognise arundinaceus in it.

Terrible recording indeed. The sound is quite disformed.

This song seems to me 'a bit too fast' voor arundinaceus. Also arundinaceus generally has shorter strophes. This bird is singing more or less continuous.

(Just my two cents)

pdeknijff

It is, basically, a faster than normal arundinaceus, but with many typical aspects of its song.
I miss many typical scirpaceus song aspects.
I do not have personal experience with it, but there is of course also the new taxon Acrocephalus ambiguus breeding in parts of Spain (of which I was unable to locate a song recording).
yours,
Peter de Knijff
Met vriendelijke groet,

Peter de Knijff

erealinho

I agree, the recording is terrible but the distance and the phone recorder did not allowed it to be better, sorry for that.

I've spent some time trying to compare the bird sound with both species sounds, but besides getting even more confused no conclusion was reached. Later in the day I heard arundinaceus and that was clear to me, this one sounds somehow different but the doubt remains.

Thank you very much for all the comments!

pdeknijff

If I were you, I would settle for arundinaceus as the song, although up-tempo, resembles that species to a much greater extend than to scirpaceus.
Peter
Met vriendelijke groet,

Peter de Knijff

Rob Koelman

Or settle for Acrocephalus spec./indet. ...   B)