Common species missing in obsmapp lists but not on observation.org

Gestart door SylvainA, mei 22, 2015, 22:19:04 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

SylvainA

Hello,

First of all, a great thank's for observation.org and obsmapp to all people who worked on these projects. This is my first post here, so my apologies if I don't respect some rules or if my questions is already answered somewhere ... I am a bit lost by all the dutch text that I don't understand.

I have a few problems using obsmapp, so here is the first one : some common species are missing from the obsmapp list althought they are present in observation.org. I have tried downloading again the lists and it doesn't change anything. I use the french languages lists, but I have the same problems for the world list and for the france specific lists.
I have notice that for the following species (Latin and french name):
Birds :

• Serinus serinus / Serin cini
  • Phylloscopus bonelli / Pouillot de bonelli
  • Emberiza cirlus / Bruant zizi

Moths :

• Ematurga atomaria
  • Euclidia glyphica
  • Autographa gamma

Other insects :

• Libelloides coccajus

Can I do something about it ? Or could you fix that ?

Thank you !
Sylvain Allombert

Alex Kwak

Hi Sylvain,

You're right, most of the text on this forum is in Dutch, and i don't think Google translate will be able to translate it into something readable...
On your problem: I guess you downloaded the species from waarnming.nl (as stated in the first dropdown on the download screen). If so, most species that are common in France are rare in The Netherlands and therefor they will appear as rare in the specieslist. If you want to be sure you 'see' all species: download them from observado, and set your species setting to (very) rare.

Regards,
Alex.
Alex Kwak, medewerker Zostera/Observation International, ontwikkelaar ObsMapp
Ik beantwoord geen PM's over mobiele app's. Vragen ALTIJD via het forum!

SylvainA

Citaat van: Alex Kwak op mei 22, 2015, 22:48:15 PM
. If you want to be sure you 'see' all species: download them from observado, and set your species setting to (very) rare.
Thank you very much ! The setting to rare was the thing to do. I haven't understood before what was that for, now I do ! Thnak you again !

Sylvain