Vreemde gans

Gestart door arno_vbn9567, maart 12, 2010, 22:41:12 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

arno_vbn9567

Heeft iemand enig idee wat voor gans dit is?

Jeroen Nagtegaal

Pff... Een hybride, iets met Canadees denk ik. misschien wel een F2 hyrbide.
Groet, Jeroen Nagtegaal
Moderator subforum Ringen

Een geringde vogel gezien of gevonden.
Meld het hier of mail naar ringonderzoek@gmail.com

Jarinka

Met misschien wat Keizergansbloed?
Groeten, Jarinka Heijink

Jeroen Nagtegaal

Zeker geen Keizer, er zit zeker Anser-bloed is, en zo goed als zeker ook Canadees.
Groet, Jeroen Nagtegaal
Moderator subforum Ringen

Een geringde vogel gezien of gevonden.
Meld het hier of mail naar ringonderzoek@gmail.com

arno_vbn9567

Zwarte snavel -> canadees. Maar de orange poten van? Indische gans. Die zijn er ook een stuk of 10 in de buurt te vinden!

Jan vH

Misschien iets met Soepgans (en Canadees)?
Jan van Harten
Validator Plantengallen

gjcaspers

I.d.d. Soepgans x (Grote) Canadese Gans. De Soepgans mogelijk met Knobbelganzenbloed vanwege de geheel zwarte snavel; hybriden Soepgans x Canadese Gans hebben anders vaak een roze met zwarte snavel. De lichtgrijze kleur komt door de dilutiefactor (kleurverdunning) van de Soepgans (de meeste witte Soepganzen zijn genetisch niet wit, maar een combinatie van diluted en bont).
Groet,
Gert-Jan Caspers

Alcedo atthis

I agree with Gert-Jan on these two geese.
And I think the soepgans can well have been a witte knobbelgans.
What is funny however and not easy to explain is the neck pattern of the goose in the rear. the white head and then the white going down the rear of the neck are indeed as in Keizergans.

i have seen that a few times in hybrids of domestic geese with canada goose.

Do you have any explanation for that, Gert-Jan?
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

gjcaspers

I have no idea why the neck pattern of one of the hybrids looks like that of Emperor Goose. The amount of white on the neck of Anser x Branta hybrids appears to be extremely variable. There is nothing in the sex-linked dilution factor of domestic geese that tends towards an Emperor Goose pattern. Here are domestic geese with dilution factor (single dose in females, double dose in males): http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Geese/BRKPilgrims.html

I'm not sure whether the domestic parent could have been a pure Chinese Goose. While most white Greylag-derived geese are in fact a combination of diluted and spotted (pied), white Chinese Geese are as far as I know recessive whites, and would give fully coloured offspring in a cross with Canada Goose.
Groet,
Gert-Jan Caspers

Alcedo atthis

Very interesting, I did not know that  fact about white chinese geese!

Many Thanks!
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

gjcaspers

Groet,
Gert-Jan Caspers