Brandgans x Anser

Gestart door Menko Vlaardingerbroek, september 07, 2008, 21:36:07 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Menko Vlaardingerbroek

Is dit een brandgans x anser (kolgans, dwerggans)? Hij of zij is zo tam als wat.

Vriendelijke groet,
Menko Vlaardingerbroek

tekenaar

vanwege het hoge voorhoofd: knobbelgans
vanwege de deels oranje snavel: boeren gans / grauwe gans
vanwege de algemene indruk (slanke hals!) en ontbreken van donkere borst: canadese gans

de meest waarschijnlijke optie lijkt me:

(gedomesticeerde grauwe x knobbel) x canadese

waarbij de canadese geen zuivere vogel hoeft te zijn maar mogelijk brand x canadees is (da's giswerk)

de witte kol komt vaak voor bij tamme ganzen en tamme gans hybriden, dit hoeft niet te wijzen op kolgans of dwerggans.  
Paul Veenvliet
dieren en planten tekeningen: https://paulveenvliet.art/
excursies in Slovenie: https://www.slovenia-nature-guide.si/

Alcedo atthis

I am not sure if that would explain this bird . It does look different from other such hybrids (gedomesticeerde grauwe x knobbel) x canadese.

But the orange on the beak and legs could indeed hint to that hybrid . what Tekenaar says about the white base of the beak does also fit with my experience.

Against that combination: The bird does not look massive enough for many hybrids involving domestic geese (How big was it, compared to a canada or a greylag?).

The forehead can also look relatively high in some hybrids Kolgans x Brandgans.

however, there seems no hint on  black breast of brandgans in this bird (this is normally apparent in many Brandgans hybrids)- on the other hand it has the greyish coloration of many Brandgans hybrids.

Do you have more photos of this bird????

greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

Menko Vlaardingerbroek

The bird on this photo is smaller en more slenderly built than a domestic or a greylag goose. If one of its ancestors was a canadian goose, it must have been a very small race / species.

If I looke at your photos, I would say the head of the goose on my photo strongly resembles that of a Barnacle Goose x White-fronted Goose, but the breast is not nearly dark enough.

This is the only photo I have, but I can make some more. Do you want to see it from a particular angle?

Vriendelijke groet,
Menko Vlaardingerbroek

Alcedo atthis

The breast and the flanks would be interesting (to see if there is any change in colour from breast to flanks), also more photos to determine the exact colour of the beak- and all kinds of photos that give a general impression of the bird...

many thanks for your efforts and good luck with the photos!
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus