App doesnt accept location data

Gestart door Birdofparadise, november 16, 2023, 05:08:20 AM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Birdofparadise

There are quite a few photos of wildlife I have from my DSLR and/or phone that werent taken with the Obsidentify app. Even if I edit these to include location data, the app doesn't seem to recognise the location when I add it, and hence doesn't let me upload the observation. Has anybody else experienced this problem? :angry:  :'(

wschulte

I wonder about to which app you are referring: the site or ObsMapp or .. ?

Further you say you edited the photos to include location data: which data did you include and how (which app) ?

Be aware that using ObsIdentify will include the GPS location automatic, but the camera on your phone might not include the GPS data automatic. And whether your DSLR has a GPS-unit you know best.

hiskodevries

Citaat van: Birdofparadise op november 16, 2023, 05:08:20 AMThere are quite a few photos of wildlife I have from my DSLR and/or phone that werent taken with the Obsidentify app. Even if I edit these to include location data, the app doesn't seem to recognise the location when I add it, and hence doesn't let me upload the observation. Has anybody else experienced this problem? :angry:  :'(
in this situation it`s advised to use the website to add your observations/photos and not use obsidentify.
Was getekend Hisko de Vries.

Wil je een fotovraag stellen op het forum lees dan dit eerst https://forum.waarneming.nl/smf/index.php?topic=452369.0