I cant see any open challenges

Gestart door panvid, februari 22, 2022, 18:54:58 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

panvid

Hi guys,

I found the concept of Observation (and there great app ObsIdentify) in a german news paper and love to use this app. Especially the concept of "Challenges" to achieve is a cool idea to motivate.

After downloading and first using the App I found an open Challenge (something like "collect everything you find this year"). After successfully registration this Challenge is gone away and only two already closed challenges are visible (insects, and bees).

Why I cant find any open Challenge to take part? Where is the open Challenge I saw without the registration?

Greeting from Germany,
David

marcel123

I guess you just have to collect so many different species as can from different species groups and you can see the results somewhere as a Balkendiagramm as shown below for Tagfalter. It's not a challenge cause it will never stop.

---
These are not called challenges but ''collecting badges''
''Met de vernieuwde versie van ObsIdentify kan je ook sterren verzamelen met badges en deelnemen aan challenges. Voor elke soortgroep krijg je een badge waarop je tot maximaal 5 sterren verzamelt. Bij elk niveau krijg je tips op maat. De app daagt je zo uit om op zoek te gaan naar meer soorten. ''

lukasverboom

I think the "challenges" are set for a specific country: I noticed that my challenges page was empty when I was in Germany for a day, and they came back once I entered the Netherlands again.
Groet,
Lukas

Marien bioloog
Favoriete groepen: korstmossen, mossen, schelpen, vleermuizen, mariene dingen.

Korstmossen in de tuin? https://forum.waarneming.nl/index.php/topic,464730.0.html

hiskodevries

Citaat van: lukasverboom op februari 22, 2022, 23:17:31 PM
I think the "challenges" are set for a specific country: I noticed that my challenges page was empty when I was in Germany for a day, and they came back once I entered the Netherlands again.
This is correct. And David is correct, for Germany are no ongoing challenges at this moment.
Was getekend Hisko de Vries.

Wil je een fotovraag stellen op het forum lees dan dit eerst https://forum.waarneming.nl/smf/index.php?topic=452369.0

panvid

Citaat van: marcel123 op februari 23, 2022, 00:40:34 AM
I think the "challenges" are set for a specific country
I agree, but I expect panvid did not change country..

Ah, but perhaps non registered users does not have any country (so I saw the challenges). As a registered user I have challenges.

Ok, good to know, but sad for me. Challenges are a good idea to motivate people. Perhaps I will change my country ;)

marcel234

Maybe it is better to add a warning cause this does look as unexpected behaviour...

'In this country [Germany] are at this moment no active challenges. Visit Belgium or The Netherlands for active challenges.''