Start counting at one point - coordinates of the sampling points

Gestart door Javier.Hedo, oktober 24, 2019, 08:43:51 AM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Javier.Hedo

Dear all,

I am using the Obsmap version 7.26.2 (in the south east of Spain).
I am trying to use the tool "Star counting at one point" in the section "Tracks", and I am doing it.
The recordings are working well (each species recording associated with their corresponding coordinates)

However, I have a problem related to the coordinates of the sampling point. I do not know how can I record this sampling point coordinates and, consenquently, how can I relate this sampling point (in terms of an ID attribute, or the same coordinates...) to the observations.

Moreover, I wonder if it is possible after recording in several sampling points, to download all the data in the same file, with a sampling point ID (or some attribute that relates observations to sampling point).

When I try to download the whole field work, I am able to download only the observations. I was thinking about using a very strange species (whale for example) as the first recording in each sampling point, in order to define the coordinates of the sampling points.

Without further ado,
Thanks a lot,

Javier Hedo

Alex Kwak

Hi Javier,

When using a count at a fixed position ObsMapp record that position ánd the positions of the sightings. So all sightings have their own locations, but they are grouped by that chosen point.
If you want multiple counts, start and stop such a count for every location.
When ready, upload your data form ObsMapp to Observation.org, and your counts will be available there. I don't think there is an option to download that data as one file. But perhaps someone else knows how to do that.

regards,
Alex.

Alex Kwak, medewerker Zostera/Observation International, ontwikkelaar ObsMapp
Ik beantwoord geen PM's over mobiele app's. Vragen ALTIJD via het forum!

Javier.Hedo

Thanks Alex,

I have another question related to this topic.
I am not able to download the coordinates of the sampling point, or may be I do not know where I can find it.

When I download the observations, they are with their correct coordinates and their sampling point ID (in their respective columns), but I do not know where I can find the coordinates of this sampling point.

I download this data throughout: My observation.org --> Export/back-up
Once there, I select both required dates in the calendar, I also select the format of the file (csv). Then I refresh and finally I click where "here" is to download.

If some of you, users of Obsmap, are able to help me, please.

Thanks
Javier

Alex Kwak

That seems to be a Observation.org-problem. Probably Hisko can help you with that, but he is on holyday this week.
Alex Kwak, medewerker Zostera/Observation International, ontwikkelaar ObsMapp
Ik beantwoord geen PM's over mobiele app's. Vragen ALTIJD via het forum!

Javier.Hedo

Thanks a lot Alex,

Then, I wait for the next week.

Hi again, I am still with the same trouble, related to the coordinates of the sampling point.

I do not know if Hisko is available yet in the forum. I would be very grateful is someone is able to help me in this question.

Thanks a lot,

Javier