Welke Neuroptera? => Sympherobius spec.

Gestart door IngridA, september 02, 2019, 18:19:37 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

IngridA

I would like to know which species this is
It concerns this observation
https://observation.org/waarneming/view/178973304
unsicher Neuroptera indet. observed at 2019-08-05 BRD - Cham (Landkreis)
Fotos:

thanks in advance Ingrid Altmann
Vriendelijke groet, Ingrid
(met verontschuldigingen dat ik niet in het Nederlands schrijven kan, zie mijn introductie in m'n eerste bericht.)

paulhoekstra

Sisyridae, genus Sisyra. I don't know the species.
groeten,
Paul

jck

I don't think the venation is okay for Sisyra. This one has got darkened cross-veins and the veins at the front of the wing are forked. Isn't it some sort of Hemerobiidae?

James

paulhoekstra

The characteristic of forked veins in the costal field is a difference between Hemerobiidae and Chrysopidae, but Sisyridae could also have that. According to Aspock and Aspock the difference between Sisyridae and Hemerobiidae is that in Sisyridae the subcostal vein joins the radial vein (see for example on this page the venation of Sisyridae, the subcostal and radial vein join after the letter S: https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Sisyridae).

On the picture I think I see the subcostal vein does not end free to the edge of the wing, but joins the radial vein.
groeten,
Paul

paulhoekstra

I checked the literature and it is probably Sisyra dalii. In Germany there are 5 species of Sisyra, S. terminalis and S. bureschii have the end of the antennea whitish and S. nigra has the entire wing darkish, while the wing of S. dalii is brownish-greyish with dark crossbands according to Aspock. Unfortunately I cannot find any information on the recognition of the fifth species S. jutlandica. So for me it is an uncertain S. dalii.
groeten,
Paul

IngridA

Thank you very much Paul.
I think Sisyra dalii looks good because I can recognize the dark crossbands too. 

@ James
Thank you too!
(met verontschuldigingen dat ik niet in het Nederlands schrijven kan, zie mijn introductie in m'n eerste bericht.)

IngridA

Hello,
now I have shown the photos Werner Weißmair too. He said this is not a Sisyra but Sympherobius.

paulhoekstra

Thanks for mailing Weissmair and notifying his reply to the forum. So James was right! I must have misinterpreted the subcostal and radial vein.

groeten,
Paul