Hybride Bahama pijlstaart X...

Gestart door Jan Harteman, november 19, 2007, 21:16:09 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Jan Harteman

http://waarneming.nl/wn_details.php?id=3201126

Is dit een mogelijke hybride Bahama pijlstaart X Siberische taling?
Is this a possible hybrid Bahama pintail (Anas bahamensis) X Baikal teal (Anas formosa)?

Waarom ik dit suggereer:

De woerd (rechts) laat duidelijk kenmerken zien van de Bahama pijlstaart (witte wang, rode vlek op snavelbasis), maar heeft een groene glans op zijn kop.
De eend (links) laat weinig kenmerken kenmerken zien van de Bahama pijlstaart (wel een weinig witte wang), maar des te meer kenmerken van een Siberische taling.

Ter vergelijking:

Foto boven: Bahama pijlstaart. Man en vrouw zijn gelijk van kleur/tekening.

Foto boven: Siberische taling (woerd)

Foto boven: Siberische taling (vrouw)

Alcedo atthis

Hi Jan,

may I ask where this photo is from?

I think i have seen a photo of these birds already from somebody else, somewhere in western Germany ???
Düsseldorf? Bochum? somewhere in that region?

Concerning those photos I have seen, they were determined as Common Teal x Bahama pintail (Wintertaling  x Bahama pijlstaart)
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

Jan Harteman

Hi Jörn,

Sorry, formgot to mention http://waarneming.nl/wn_details.php?id=3201126
They were photographed in Venray (Limburg), Holland.
Bahama X Common teal might be a good suggestion too.

Jan

Alcedo atthis

Hi Jan,
I have been searching lots of german websites last evening, but the pictures I had seen don´t seem to be available on the web any more.

I had seen pictures of one pair of this hybrid and at another location in eastern Germany closeup pictures of a female hybrid , similar to the female hybrid in the pair.

I am now thinking that the pictures of the hybrid pair I had seen might actually be the same birds as on that picture you linked here (It could be that only the photographer was from Germany).

i am trying again .... but I guess there is not much hope to retrieve the pictures in the web.
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

Alcedo atthis

greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus