Mass downloading Observado => MapFactor Navigator (Android satnav app)

Gestart door Yurec, april 05, 2015, 22:43:21 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Yurec

Hello all,

I selected lots of Observado observations (for example, all data put by user X during his trip report). How can I save them at once and upload it to MapFactor Navigator - a free satellite navigation app for Android phones?

I am preparing a trip to Morocco, I am planning to use MapFactor Navigator app for finding way, and would like to get the observations of some species as saved points of interest, instead of clicking, looking and saving on my map.

I appreciate it may be already answered, possibly in Dutch, but I am not really a smartphone expert, and would appreciate step-by-step instructions.

best,

Thijs Fijen

Hello Yurec,

Great that you've found the forum. Unfortunately, and perhaps understandably*, it is not possible to export observations of other users. One possibility is that you manually select coordinates and create a file with the format as requested in MapFactor (sorry, I don't know the app). An other possibility is that you mail one of the observers if they can mail you an export of their observations. For example, I could provide you with a file of my observations of last years trip to Morrocco (or even my 2011 trip, most places are still up to date!).
* For example in the Netherlands there is a commercial benefit to observations for ecological consultancies in the scope of nature laws, so  downloading voluntarily collected data should be avoided. There are other reasons as well and in this way we avoid misuse (unrightful use) of data. I hope you can understand.

Some advertisement for our mobile app: you can register all observations with your mobile with ObsMapp (Android), iObs (iOS) or WinObs (Windows). If you need help with the app, I would be most happy to help you.
Thijs Fijen