Paarse diptera-larve

Gestart door IngridA, maart 16, 2015, 19:24:03 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

IngridA

I would like to know which species this is
It concerns this sighting
http://observado.org/waarneming/view/100067741
Unidentified Fly - Diptera indet. observed at 2015-03-16 BRD - Cham (Landkreis)

Gefunden in einem kleinen Teich.
Größe: 3 mm
Vielleicht Chironomidae?
Fotos:

thanks in advance Ingrid Altmann
Vriendelijke groet, Ingrid
(met verontschuldigingen dat ik niet in het Nederlands schrijven kan, zie mijn introductie in m'n eerste bericht.)

Ton van Haaren

chironomidae, subfamily Orthocladiinae. Not sure about the genus/species, but there aren't that many dark purple larvae. Perhaps some Cricotopus? If you have collected it, you may send it to me if you like.
Met vriendelijke groet
Ton

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."
-Steven Wright-

IngridA

Bedankt Ton!

Citaat van: Ton van Haaren op maart 16, 2015, 20:28:09 PM
If you have collected it, you may send it to me if you like.

I have still 3 specimen of this violet larvae at home. I can send it to you.
(met verontschuldigingen dat ik niet in het Nederlands schrijven kan, zie mijn introductie in m'n eerste bericht.)

Ton van Haaren

I just received your larvae and they belong the the species Paralimnophyes hydrophilus. I should have known, for the typical long hairs on the abdominal segment in combination with the purple color is typical. These long hairs can be seen on your photographs, but I didn't noticed them at first.
@Ingrid: would you like them to be returned?
Met vriendelijke groet
Ton

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."
-Steven Wright-

IngridA

Citaat van: Ton van Haaren op maart 20, 2015, 13:17:01 PM
I just received your larvae and they belong the the species Paralimnophyes hydrophilus.
Oh great! Wow, that was quick Ton. :duim:
Thank you very much. I´m glad because the larvae have a determination now!  :blink:

Citaat van: Ton van Haaren op maart 20, 2015, 13:17:01 PM
@Ingrid: would you like them to be returned?

No Ton, I have no use for it because I have no collection.

IngridA

Hello Ton,
I didn´t find Paralimnophyes hydrophilus at Observado for changing in "certain"!

Ton van Haaren

I didn't realise that it has a new name P. longiseta. So change you record into Paralimnophyes longiseta (syn. P. hydrophilus)
Met vriendelijke groet
Ton

-Steven Wright-

David Tempelman

met vriendelijke groet,
David

Arp

Toll das immer mehr Larven auch mit gute Bilder und passenden Namen dokumentiert werden :)

Ich war mal so frech und habe bei der Beobachtung einen "Externen Link" auf dieses Thema hinzugefügt ;)
Groetengedoe, Arp (wrn - JungleDragon)

IngridA

Citaat van: Ton van Haaren op maart 20, 2015, 20:01:02 PM
So change you record into Paralimnophyes longiseta (syn. P. hydrophilus)

I changes it Ton!

@David
thank you for the compliment.  :blink: