Coenagrion puella-Larve?

Gestart door IngridA, mei 15, 2014, 18:45:34 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

IngridA

I would like to know which species this is
It concerns this sighting
http://observado.org/waarneming/view/84447729
unsicher Hufeisen-Azurjungfer - Coenagrion puella observed at 2014-05-15 BRD - Cham (Landkreis)
gefunden im Gartenteich
Fotos:

thanks in advance Ingrid Altmann
Vriendelijke groet, Ingrid
(met verontschuldigingen dat ik niet in het Nederlands schrijven kan, zie mijn introductie in m'n eerste bericht.)

Ton van Haaren

Hello Ingrid
it is either C. puella or C. pulchellum, but unfortunately both species are very difficult, if not impossible, to distinguish. the nodulus in the lamellae are somewhat darkened, which may lead to pulchellum. When I encounter such larvae I write them down to C. pulchellum/puella.
Maybe someone else can ID your larvae, but in my opinion larvae of this complex can only be identified when you study many larvae from the same habitat and they all share the same characteristics. Of course you can breed them to the adult stage or study the adults around the pond. However, a pond favours for puella.
Met vriendelijke groet
Ton

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."
-Steven Wright-

IngridA

Hello Ton,
thank you very much for your explanation.
Until now I saw only C. puella at the pond.
But I´ll follow your suggestion and I´ll name the larva C. pulchellum/puella.
(met verontschuldigingen dat ik niet in het Nederlands schrijven kan, zie mijn introductie in m'n eerste bericht.)

ewoudploeg

I agree. Best to write them to puella/pulchellum, with a minor preference for pulchellum due to the markings on the lamellae.
Ewoud
www.cbrochard.com/exuviae
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ewoudploeg/

IngridA

Thanks for the confimation Ewoud.