Is it familiaris macrodactyla

Gestart door uhura, mei 13, 2013, 21:07:27 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

uhura

Ik zou graag willen weten welke soort dit is
Het betreft deze waarneming
http://waarneming.nl/waarneming/view/76020400
onzeker Kortsnavelboomkruiper - Certhia familiaris macrodactyla gezien op 2013-05-06 Amsterdam - Flevopark
Foto's:

Toelichting:
I would like some help identifying this Treecreeper please. Is it familiaris macrodactyla?
bij voorbaat dank Maria Ampatzoglou

frankneijts

No, this is Certhia brachydactyla, Short-toed Treecreeper.
Groeten,

Frank

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead...
Remember what the dormouse said: feed your head!"
Grace Slick in 'White Rabbit'

uhura

Thank you very much, dear Frank. I keep wondering how long the toe and nail of the macrodactyla might be!

frankneijts

Citaat van: uhura op mei 14, 2013, 09:23:38 AM
Thank you very much, dear Frank. I keep wondering how long the toe and nail of the macrodactyla might be!

The differences between length of hind toe and hind nail of the two species are slight and hardly ever that much that this represents a helpfull field character. Only the extreme cases are usefull in the field without real measuring. You should compare the length of the hind toe A with that of the hind nail B. When A is (very) obviously > B it should be C. brachydactyla and when A is (very) clearly < B it should be familiaris/macrodactyla. Look at the picture: in most cases it is like this, in fact too close to tell (for sure) and I should always try to see the other characters in the wings.
Groeten,

Frank

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead...
Remember what the dormouse said: feed your head!"
Grace Slick in 'White Rabbit'