Hoofdmenu

Larus fuscus?

Gestart door batsvensson, april 27, 2013, 13:13:52 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

batsvensson

Is this a L. fuscus and, if it is, why is the beak dark?

ruud_altenburg

Het is inderdaad een Kleine Mantel. De leeftijd is lastig te bepalen. Interessant is dat er een ruischeiding zichtbaar is tussen p6 en 7, een spiegel aanwezig is op p10 en een donkere staartband lijkt te ontbreken. Dat is iets wat je eigenlijk vooral verwacht in 3kj fuscus... Het is jammer dat de foto zich niet leent voor het bepalen van de grijstint van de mantel, maar laten we maar aannemen dat het een wat trage 4kj graellsii/intermedius betreft.
Ruud Altenburg
Meeuwen in Amsterdam

batsvensson

I got a comparison picture of the shades with a, I guess it is, a sub-adult L. argentatus in the foreground, and a second picture with two adult L. fuscus in the background.

(My apologizes for the bad images quality...)

batsvensson

15 minutes earlier I spotted an, what appeared to be an adult, individual with, to me, an unusually look and tried to get a picture of it while it still was sitting on the ground but this is all I got. I am not sure but, considering what you just told me about the age, this may be the same individual as in the first post. I don't remember anymore why I found its look unusually but perhaps it was a pale color of the legs or something but I will let that be unsaid. In any case this might be the same individual as in post #1.