Zaterdag ben ik bij het Lauwersmeer wezen vogelen
daar liepen tussen de 1000den Brandganzen in  Anjum de Kolken
ook 2 hybrides ,  1 rotxbrand en 1 sneeuwxbrand
ook hadden we hier nog 1 Roodhalsgans en 1 Zwart Rotgans
Groet Teun
Jizz-birder

Hoaxbirders

Jos Welbedacht

Die Rot x Brand heb ik ook gezien, maar hij is wat groot. Misschien eerder iets met Canadees?

Jos Welbedacht, Groningen
I said you could find me where the Nighthawks fly - dEUS: One advice, Space

teunvankessel

CiteerDie Rot x Brand heb ik ook gezien, maar hij is wat groot. Misschien eerder iets met Canadees?

Ja die was het ! precies zo
maarjah we hebben er niet te veel aandacht aan besteed
we zeiden gewoon ow, die ganzen papa en mama zijn vreemdgegaan lullig voor dat beest, Hup weg hier !  ^_^  op naar die Roodhals
Groet Teun
Jizz-birder

Hoaxbirders

redmar_woudstra

het verenkleed lijkt wat bruinig... Misschien inderdaad wat minima Canadese gans bloed?
groet,
Redmar

Alcedo atthis

CiteerDie Rot x Brand heb ik ook gezien, maar hij is wat groot. Misschien eerder iets met Canadees?

I am wondering about the bird in this last photo,such a head coloration and pattern i have only seen with hybrids Branta leucopsis x ruficollis
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

Jos Welbedacht

I'm not familiar with Branta leucopsis x ruficollis because they are realy rare here(I suppose). Real Red-brested Geeze aren't common in the Netherlands, but it's possible for this hybrid to reach Friesland. I was thinking about Branta leucopsis x canadensis or bernicla. Canadensis because of the size, and bernicla because of the color, but perhaps you're right. Do you have any pictures of leucopsis x ruficollis?

Btw, where are you from?

Alcedo atthis

Hi ,

I am trying to attach pictures of Branta ruficollis x leucopsis together with the mystery bird I meant, but I do not get this working....

How do I attach an image here , that I have on my PC?

best regards, Jörn

greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

laatvlieger

Dear Jörn,

The best way, is to put a picture somewhere on the internet and then link to it. For instance on http://www.waarneming.nl we have a possibility to upload pictures from abroad in the "buitenland" menu-option left on your screen. Use "waarneming toevoegen". (I don´t know if you already knew that internetpage, but it is worthwhile browsing through these menu-options, you´ll find loads of information on birds in the Netherlands) This forum is a spin-off from that site.

An other possibility is to attach a picture to your posting (called "bijlage" in dutch). But for some strange reason, it is sometimes possible to attach something and sometimes not. I don´t know the reason for this.  

I would like to ask you to post the Branta ruficollis x Branta leucopsis hybrid in a new forumtopic, otherwise this topic gets to crowded with al kinds of different hybrids. This topic is for blue fase snow goose, only (real and hybrids, to show the difference between the two.)

By the way, i agree on your idea that the strangely coloured bird above, might be a Branta ruficollis x Branta leucopsis hybrid. In the past i have seen pictures that looked a lot like this bird. Although this bird might be a litlle bit to big for it..

Groet,

Wouter Teunissen

Mijn Weblog: http://birdboredom.blogspot.com/

laatvlieger

Ik heb deze foto uit het topic van de blauwe fase sneeuwgans gehaald en heb een nieuw topic ervoor geopend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I have started a new forumtopic for this picture. (And separated it from the postings in the blue phase snowy goose topic, to keep things orderly)  
Groet,

Wouter Teunissen

Jeroen Nagtegaal

Helaas kun je in het Sub-topic Hybriden nooit afbeeldindingen uploaden,
Groet, Jeroen Nagtegaal
Moderator subforum Ringen

Een geringde vogel gezien of gevonden.
Meld het hier of mail naar ringonderzoek@gmail.com

Alcedo atthis

Thanks,

Here it is, the Dutch bird in comparison with a bird from England (3 pics upper row)
and one from Denmark...

one sees that the dutch bird stands out in size and in the saturation of reddish brown coloration towards belly.  
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

laatvlieger

Nou daar lijkt deze gans toch inderdaad wel sterk op. Leuke hybride!

Jos, zou je deze foto misschien ook op waarneming.nl in willen voeren? Nu staan er nog foto´s van een dergelijke hybride in de database, dus het zou en mooie aanvulling betekenen!

-----------------------------------------

Well it looks a lot like it. I think you´re right. This hybrid might be quite rare actually. Althought both species are often captive bred... so these small accidents might occur..  
Groet,

Wouter Teunissen

Alcedo atthis

But it is indeed odd that it should be bigger tahn a barnacle goose then...I am starting to wonder if this could be a trigen involving a (Barnacle x Canada) hybrid  x Redbreasted goose....
If the bird "happened" in captivity, even this unlikely sounding scenario would be possible, and it would explain both a more brownish coloration and the bigger size...

but well, that ´s a bit of speculation...
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

Jos Welbedacht

The bird is in the database now: http://www.waarneming.nl/wn_details.php?id=2039807 .

I wish I had a better picture of the bill. On your photo's(don't know who took te pictures) the small bill of the Red-breasted Goose is showing. I can't remember this bird had this small bill, but I haven't seen it very good, because I was searching for a real Red-breasted Goose.

Perhaps the neck is too long. I'm not convinced yet.  

Alcedo atthis

http://www.lauwersmeer.com/

Go to "Fotos", then to "Ontsnapt", Then to "Hybride"...

There are 2 Photos from 19 februari 2007 showing a very similar bird....
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus