caterpillar noctuidae

Gestart door öhm, januari 03, 2012, 21:24:23 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

öhm

I think this is a caterpillar of some Noctuid...
Maybe Orthosia sp.?
Found in northern Germany.

JohnvR

It bears resemblance with Tortricodes alternella

N.B. I'm hesitating whether we should move your posts to the Butterflies outside the Netherlands/Vlinders in het buitenland or Rupsen subfora. What is your opinion?

öhm

The species come from outside the netherlands... that whould be an argument for putting them in the forum "Butterflies outside the Netherlands/Vlinders in het buitenland", but when you look at the fact that they come from northern Germany (lower saxony), you can see that this is not very far from the netherlands - thats why I would prefer the Rupesen forum.
I apologize that I have not posted my threads correctly initially. I have to get accustomed to the forum, because I am not talking any dutch.

Gerrit

öhm

Belong Caterpillars  of micros in this forum or in the caterpillar one?

JohnvR

My thoughts are that enthusiasts for micro's should find their home here in this micro forum. On the other hand, because of the website microlepidoptera.nl the fenology and distribution of the various species in The Netherlands are quite well known. For foreign species it is sometimes rather difficult to estimate whether there are look-a-likes that have to be taken into account.

N.B. Do you register your sightings at observado.org? This will give us a better idea of distribution of species.

Kind regards,
John