Wat denken jullie ervan?

Gestart door Harm058, maart 02, 2011, 17:38:47 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Harm058

Sneeuwgans x Grauwe gans? of toch wat anders?
Groet!
Harm Dijkstra

Leeuwarden

firecrest

Waarom Sneeuwgans?
Ik denk eerder aan Brandgans X Grauwe Gans of andere gans

Harm058

Tja sneeuwgans zat er even in,omdat we even dachten aan een blauwe fase, en we zijn blijven hangen bij de sneeuwgans ;) ....Meerdere opties mogelijk dus :)
Groet!
Harm Dijkstra

Leeuwarden

wolbert

Misschien Brandgans x Keizergans? Op het veluwemeer zit er 1 in die variant. Dat beestje op je foto's lijkt er wel erg veel op.
Vriendelijke groet,
Wolbert

Alcedo atthis

I think this bird has been around for several years now.
This is a very difficult one as it looks superficialy similar to several combinations. The bill is pinkish and not very big (You don´t see this very well on this photo, but I have seen other photos of what I assume to be this bird in the last years).
Also it is about  the size of a barnacle goose.

The pinkish bill with the orange legs lead me to the thought that this is probaby one of those Lesser whitefront x Barnacle goose hybrids with unusually much white on head and neck.
There are photos of two birds from sweden which seem similar, but most hybrids of this combination have less white.
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

nielsyese

Ik zag drie jaar geleden een vergelijkbaar exemplaar. Dit betrof hoogstwaarschijnlijk een Brand- x Keizergans (Branta leucopis x Chen canagica).

@ Jorn: How about Barnacle Goose x Emperor Goose?
Met vriendelijke groet, Niels-Jan Dek

Alcedo atthis

I think this can not be barnacle x emperor, because the pattern on mantle and scapulars seems too weak. I still see the greatest similarity to barnacle goose x lesser whitefront

At the swedish website Artportalen .se there was a similar goose with white extending to the throat also  said to be barnacle x lesser whitefront.

http://www.artportalen.se/birds/gallery_imageinfo.asp?imageID=50970

Most have less white on head and neck, but the rather plain mantle and scapulars in this kind of hybrid are similar to the dutch bird:

http://www.artportalen.se/birds/gallery_imageinfo.asp?imageid=799
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus