Certain Orthoptera, or not?

Gestart door francbarros, oktober 14, 2010, 14:04:46 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

francbarros

Hello,
Could take a look at my records Orthoptera and call me attention to what andhas outrageously wrong?
Thanks.

I have some fear of me being a fool to myself and to be to perpetuate mistakes ...

Link: http://observado.org/user/photos/63319?from=1980-01-01&to=2010-10-14&sex=&id_kleed=0&g=14&q=&id_akt=0&page=1

tekenaar

I have never seen Pezzotettix with a yellow stripe or with white spots. But I have only experience with this species in Slovenia and surrounding countries. So i would like for someone to take a second look at those ...

Eupholidoptera chabrieri is always green in life. So this must be something else.

I don't think that you make a fool of yourself because you very honestly put a "?" at all observations where you are not certain.
Paul Veenvliet
dieren en planten tekeningen: https://paulveenvliet.art/
excursies in Slovenie: https://www.slovenia-nature-guide.si/

francbarros

Pezzotettix - I have observed matings between different chromatic forms. I imagine it to be the same species.

About Eupholidoptera chabrieri, I do not know ... It's more like what I find, but we should not treat this species.

The big problem is that not knowing certain species as well, I'm cataloging them in my head, even with uncertainties ...

Thank you very much for your cooperation!

francbarros

Citaat van: tekenaar op oktober 14, 2010, 20:47:23 PM
Eupholidoptera chabrieri is always green in life. So this must be something else.

This species can be Metrioptera roeselii?

Thanks,
Francisco

Wim Bakker

It's definitely a Metrioptera but it doesn't look like a straight roeselii to me. More like a mix between roeselii and brachyptera. So maybe it's a third species   :rolleye: . In Spain there seem to be 7 Metrioptera species...
"So the first dinosaur bone ever found was also the first to be lost." ― Bill Bryson

RoyKleukers

Please don't exclude Platycleis, they can also be short-winged, e.g. Sepiana, Decorana. Best wishes,

Roy
EIS-coordinator sprinkhanen

francbarros

Thanks everyone! ;)

The species that I found most similar, was Sepiana sepium.

What is your opinion?

Tanks

Wim Bakker

These species are notoriously difficult to identify. I wouldn't dare say anything without a key...
"So the first dinosaur bone ever found was also the first to be lost." ― Bill Bryson

RoyKleukers

I don't think it's Sepiana, it has longer legs. Now that I look again, I wouldn't exclude Pholidoptera .... Sorry to contribute to the confusion, but as Wim says these groups are very species rich and difficult to identify fom a photo. Best wishes,

Roy
EIS-coordinator sprinkhanen

francbarros

I am trying together of experts from Spain ... Let's see if I say something ...

Thanks!  ;)

francbarros

I already have an answer ... Was identified as Platycleis (Decorana) decorata by expert Spanish.

What is your opinion? I can not find much information about this species ..

Thanks!

francbarros

They sent me the key to identification, which I share here:

A male, B left tegmen, C abdomen tip (a dorsal, b ventral), D female, E female head, F ovipositor base ventral (body length male/female 20 mm, pronotum 6 mm, ovipositor 9 mm)
Source: Brunner von Wattenwyl. 1861. Verh. der Zoologisch-Botanischen Gesellsch. Wien 11:285-310, pls. 8-16, Pl. 9, Fig. 4