Casarca x Nijlgans

Gestart door Justin Jansen, januari 22, 2010, 12:16:57 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Justin Jansen

M.v.g., Justin Jansen

Toine

Doet me ook een beetje denken aan de Paradijs casarca, maar dan anders :)

Justin Jansen

Dat was mijn gedacht ook, alleen klopt het niet met het beeld wat ik heb van de vogels welke in Nieuw Zeeland ooi zag.
M.v.g., Justin Jansen

Alcedo atthis

I do not think your bird could be Tadorna x Alopochen, all i saw so far had pinkish legs

some more hybrids which might or might not be this combination:
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

Vincent Hart

What else could it be, Joern? Clearly one parent is EG. It looks like a runt EG, except for the black legs, orange breast and orange primaries - which are all spot on for RS.
Groet, Vincent

Als je goed om je heen kijkt
zie je dat alles gekleurd is                    K. Schippers

gjcaspers

With the darkish head and reddish breast of this bird, I think Australian Shelduck Tadorna tadornoides is the most likely other parent.

On second thoughts, this bird may well be within the possible variation for Common x Ruddy Shelduck. After all, Anser x Branta hybrids can sometimes also have dark legs instead of the more normal coloured.
Groet,
Gert-Jan Caspers

Alcedo atthis

Citaat van: gjcaspers op januari 25, 2010, 13:51:29 PM
On second thoughts, this bird may well be within the possible variation for Common x Ruddy Shelduck. After all, Anser x Branta hybrids can sometimes also have dark legs instead of the more normal coloured.

I think it would be too dark for common x ruddy though that face pattern can occur in common x ruddy.

I agree that in some cases Anser x Branta can have darker legs- but Black I have never seen so far!?

The same appliwes to Tadorna sp.  x Egyptian goose- I have not yet seen this with black legs.

this bird gives me a Tadorna sp x Tadorna sp feel, but I ´d be among the first to admit we do not unterstand Tadorna hybrid variation very well  ( and i wouldn´t be unhappy if it stays this way)
greetings,
Jörn Lehmhus

Vincent Hart

These were in virtually the same spot: http://waarneming.nl/waarneming/view/46121275 (second pic)
According to the observer, the RS were 'not associating' with the nearby EG. Or were they?  >:D
Groet, Vincent

Als je goed om je heen kijkt
zie je dat alles gekleurd is                    K. Schippers

Justin Jansen

Citaat van: vincenthart op januari 25, 2010, 23:32:15 PM
These were in virtually the same spot: http://waarneming.nl/waarneming/view/46121275 (second pic)
According to the observer, the RS were 'not associating' with the nearby EG. Or were they?  >:D

The hybrid was between EG, the Ruddy Shelduck often mix with the same flock.
M.v.g., Justin Jansen